Today, my only goal is to get Christmas cards out. I didn't realize until this morning that there were only 10 days until Christmas. CRAP!!!
I took yesterday off from work to get lights on the tree. Yes, it took all day. It took at least an hour just to get the first string on around the trunk. Then I had to go to three seperate stores to find more lights. Turns out, Christmas lights, when they have been used for seven years, tend to poop out. So I got four more strings and had to go back to Home Depot for three more. Now we have 11 strands of lights on our tree and I didn't even use the pretty ones with the crystals around the bulbs because too many of them were burned out.
I noticed something, though. There is a HUGE crack the length of our tree trunk. I wonder if that's why it won't stand completely straight. Chad is convinced that is has more to do with how the base is screwed in to the trunk than the crack.
I haven't done any real shopping yet. I would need a suitcase full of money to get all the things on my kids' lists. There will most likely be some disappointment Christmas morning, but hopefully that will be offset by the gifts that Dad will pick out.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Goal for the day
Written with love by Amy at 12:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment