Thursday, January 31, 2008

Foiled again...

So, I thought that today would be a good day to make my returns and run all the errands I have been postponing. I made my plan last night. All returns are placed by the back door with the accompanying receipts. List of to-dos was close by.

Then I woke up this morning to a tornado watch and wind advisory. I got the kids up and ready for school and made my way to the gym. While I was there, I watched the sky get darker and darker. By the time I was ready to leave, only 1 1/2 hours later, it looked like it was nighttime! I ran through the wind and rain to my car and jumped in. The temperature gauge dropped ten degrees between the gym and my house. (I guess we can all tell Al Gore where to stick his "global warming" theory.)

So now I'm home, safe and sound. I really don't want to go out, but there are things that have to be done, today preferably. I guess all the wind is a good thing. The sky is already clearing and I can see small patches of blue to the north.

1 comments:

Craig said...

We had some crazy weather here on Tuesday. I went to my class at 6pm and it was 50 degrees. When I left and got home (near 11pm), it was 16. Almost 40 degrees in 5 hours.

I gotchyer global warming right here..