Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dave Barry is hilarious!

He used to be a columnist for the Miami Herald, but has since retired (I think). Anyway, he's not writing weekly columms anymore. He's also written some pretty funny books and has made a recent foray into children's literature with co-author Ridley Pearson. I read some of one of his childrens novel and was able to pick out distinct lines that I knew he had written.

Enough background. In the first Dave Barry book I ever read, there was an article about a dead whale on the beach. The article itself was pretty hilarious. What made it even better for me was when I was at Mom's house in Waco and we were watching a funniest home videos type of show. Individuals send in whatever they think is funny and we all get to laugh or groan. Anyway, somebody sent in the video account of the dead whale on the beach. Everything in the video happened just like Barry had written about it, down to the expressions of horror from the onlookers. It was hysterical. I couldn't stop laughing because it happened pretty much the way I had pictured it when I originally read the article.

So, to lighten your day, here is Barry's original article, and here is the video where you can actually watch what happened to the whale. Enjoy and don't fall off your seat laughing the way I did.

0 comments: