Katelyn got a great deal on a couple of Nintendo DS games tonight that reminded me of an experience I had last week.
I got my oil changed at Jiffy Lube in Pearland. In the past, they would apply a $3 coupon because I had a Randalls shopping card. I asked about it when I checked out and the guy said they no longer did that promotion.
Then I asked if there was a deal for having a Kroger card. Again the answer was no.
Not to be deterred, and seeing an advantage I could exploit, I asked if there was a discount for being the only person in the shop that day. He laughed and gave me the $3 off my oil change.
It just goes to show that sometimes persistence and nerve are good things to be in posession of.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
How to save money without even trying
Written with love by Amy at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go, Amy! I guess Stephen didn't get all the chutzpa in the family! i saw in the paper this am that the lunar eclipse is tonight (I thought you said it was last night). Anyway, last night I was long asleep by the time and tonight I think it is supposed to be cloudy, rainy up here. And I will probably be asleep again anyway. Have a good day. XOXO mom
Like that determination Amy! It was great seeing you guys. Wish we could get together more often!
Post a Comment