Saturday, March 29, 2008

Growing up

I sometimes get a little sad that I no longer have babies around my home anymore. I sometimes miss the excitement of seeing things through a two year old's perspective and holding a newborn as she sleeps.

Then, I get over it and rejoice in the fact that my kids are growing up and I love it! I love that Katelyn is excited to make brownies and help with dinner. I love that Thomas gets a thrill from mowing and weedeating the yard. I love that Emily takes such care of her appearance in the morning when she gets ready for school.

In short, I love moments like this:





I'll let my sister and sisters-in-law continue to produce grandkids. I'll keep enjoying watching my kids grow up.

2 comments:

Mark Youngs said...

Dear Amy, enjoy it while you can. All too soon they will be off to college and missions and married. But then you get to start it all over with grandkids and that is really the best of all. The fun of babys without the hassle of 24/7 responsibility. We love seeing our kids as loving parents trying their best to raise righteous families. We pray for you all every day. XOXO mom

Chelle said...

Mike and I relish in the moment every other weekend when Kim has the kids. We wonder what in the world would we do with a little one that would actually have to rely on us! Having independent kids is a good thing, no?! So fun to read your blog!