I figured out the secret. 150 degrees for 12 hours on a parchment paper lined pan makes the perfectly baked Peep. Crispy, crunchy, and irresistable. The only thing I would do differently would be to cut them all apart first. They can be very delicate after baking and prone to crushing.
These are what we ate during and between conference sessions. What can I say? We had to finish all six packages before they got soft and mushy.
I also baked something else wonderful recently. Chad's mom makes the best macaroni and cheese. I could eat it all day. I finally copied her recipe and made a gluten free version. It was divine. The kids liked it. Even Chad, notorious mac n cheese hater, enjoyed it.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Baked Peeps ~ Chapter 2
Written with love by Amy at 8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After this post I went hunting Peepps.. so I have something to look forward to next year. Could you substitute a large marshmallow?
Maybe. I've never tried that before. It also wouldn't have the brightly colored sugar coating. :)
Post a Comment