Tuesday, April 15, 2008

On my own terms

I was able to work the floor yesterday and Friday 6a-2p (as opposed to filling in for the DON behind the desk). I really enjoyed my time on the floor as I was able to interact more closely with these residents I've come to love.

I had one of our independent therapists ask me how I was doing yesterday. In the past, I would respond with some non-commital answer like, "Fine", or "Okay", but yesterday my response was "Fabulous!"

It took her by surprise and she stated as much. I told her that when I'm able to come in on my own terms, it's much better than being required to come in because I have the right initials behind my name and no one else will do the job.

She could see my point of view and continued on her way. Now, if only I could make that work with laundry...

0 comments: