Today I did something at work that I have never had the opportunity to do before ~ I performed the Heimlich Manuever on one of our residents.
She wasn't even mine today. I was working the opposite end of the building. I happened to be in the main dining room at lunch, and someone started choking. I did my thing and was able to expell the pills that were lodged in her throat.
There was no dramatic expulsion, no relief after one attempt. It was really something to experience. I was glad to be there when help was needed.
Now, this is not to be confused with the Hind Lick Manuever. Be sure not to confuse the two.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Something new
Written with love by Amy at 5:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amy, i guess those years of long hours and hard work really paid off in a very dramatic way, at least for that particular resident. We are so proud of you for all your hard work in school and for putting your studies into action every time you step in the front doors of your workplace. we love you and look forward to seeing you and your family soon at bear lake. XOXO mom
by the way, is that michael finestein singing on your background music? I didn't think anybody but me liked him! What great taste you have!!! XOXO mom
I looked for "Lydia, the Tattooed Lady", but didn't have any luck. Darn it! :)
Post a Comment