I noticed that at Bear Lake, we were able to see about bazillion more stars than we usually see at home. The sky was beautiful at night. Also, Scott brought his telescope so we were able to see the rings of Saturn and Jupiter with it's four moons. Way cool!
On the drive home, I forgot my medication Saturday morning due to not following my routine (Because how often am I up and in the car at 5am? Try almost never.). After I remembered later, I thought to myself, "I've been good all week. I haven't eaten anything illegal. I should start weaning myself off this at some point. Let's just see what happens if I skip a dose." By Sunday morning, I was covered with rash and had blisters in my ears, in my nose, on my chin. Just a lovely sight for church. I ended up taking three doses before church - one for Saturday, one for Sunday, and one to speed the recovery process along. Thankfully, things are better now.
When we finally got home, I noticed a suspicious pool of water in front of my freezer in the garage. Apparently, while we were gone, the power had blinked off long enough to trip the GFCI-JKLMNOP (or whatever) outlet that the freezer was plugged into. Does anyone know what else to do with about 20 pounds of chicken, a 15 lb turkey, and lots of frozen/thawed/frozen veggies besides throwing them out? I think they're all pretty much done for. Darn it.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
More Bear Lake pics and other random thoughts
Written with love by Amy at 10:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
the same thing happened to us while on a vacation when we lived in temple. we ended up not only throwing out all the food, but the freezer too because of the smell. dad really tried everything to clean it but, alas, to no avail. that's why we no longer have a freezer in the garage!!! XOXO, mom
Post a Comment