Just because you keep checking in and there hasn't been anything new since Friday, here you go. You, and everyone else, can finally see what we came home to after Ike.
The FEMA guy just left after making his assessment of the damages to our home. I think he counted appx 50 shingles missing from the roof.
I've continued to notice new damages as time passes. Apparently enough water came through the kitchen window that my pantry floor was wet. There are rust rings from my food storage cans stored on the floor. We also have water damage to our bedroom wall where water blew in around the outside of the chimney inside the framing of the house.
Despite these minor damages, I continue to realize how extremely blessed we were during Ike. We are blessed with a home, power (finally), and the necessary resources to sustain ourselves. We had many wonderful people assess our home and report back to us - at least two neighbors, friends, family, home teachers, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. Thank you everyone for all your help and support.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. It is just amazing that your house stood as well as it did. Thank goodness for brick homes.
-Craig.
We were really lucky. People across the street and over a couple of streets are needing entire roofs replaced, not to mention fences, garage doors, etc.
So glad that you and your family are safe. Amazing pictures!
Post a Comment