Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grocery store frustration

I finally remembered, on my grocery trip yesterday, to notify the staff of my local store about their colossal gluten-free-gaffe.

Let me just say, I really LOVE it when I'm explaining something significant to someone, and their response is to look at me like I have three heads. I tried to explain that they couldn't stock a bleached wheat flour in the gluten free section. No matter how many times, and in how many different ways I explained, she still didn't get it.


Sometimes it is so frustrating trying to educate others. I really start to think, "Why even bother? No one cares." Then I recognize that progress has been made. There is actually a GF section in the store, which is more than I can say for every other store around here. It just takes time.

I guess that means I really need to work on my patience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gluten free section is huge progress!

Lindsay said...

When is the rest of the world going to catch up to how smart we are?? It is so frustrating, isn't it? :) Love ya!