Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yea Hooray!

It's Peeps season again!

I've always considered myself somewhat of a purist when it comes to Peeps. I only ever purchased them at Easter-time, because that was really the only time I knew they existed growing up. Now, it seems, there are Peeps on the shelves for almost any occasion.

I broke down last week and bought my first non-Easter Peeps. They look very similar to the bunny Peeps, in my opinion. I never thought pumpkins were shaped like this. See, they don't look too different from the ones shown here.

So, I baked them at 150 degrees for appx 12 hours again. They turned out sooooooooooo yummy, just like last time. As I took my first bites, I could hear the sugar crackling as the moisture came into contact with it. It just added to the culinary experience. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe I'll make some more so kids can try them again. Maybe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard about baking peeps before! What a concept....we'll have to try it!

Amy said...

They're really good frozen, too. Just as long as they're not raw... Now that's gross!