Saturday, November 8, 2008

To be perfectly clear...

I am not grateful that one of Houston's retail institutions is closing it's doors forever.


I am glad, though, for the sale that is the result of the closing.

Chad and I went to one of the stores today looking for a computer desk. The goal was to relocate our home computer from the upstairs bedroom (where I NEEDED it for quiet during nursing school) to a more central and open location, like our church leaders have advised.

We found a beautiful desk and at a reasonable price to boot. I instructed the salesman to place our ticket on the box that looked the least damaged ~ no holes, tape intact, etc. I thought I was being smart about my choice, until we unwrapped the desk at home.

Turns out, the desk that was in the box I had so carefully picked was damaged. It wasn't even minor. The back panel was cracked the entire width of the board. There was no way to repair it.

Chad got on the phone with first the store, then the salesman to see what could be done despite the "as-is" statement on the receipt and the big blue stamp that stated "All sales final". Chad worked his magic and they replaced my desk at no extra cost.

Now I just need to get a phone line installed in my living room and I'll be all set!

2 comments:

Craig said...

Phone line in your living room?? You aren't on dial up, are you? I thought you had moved past that already.

Glad your desk replacement went without too many hitches.

-Craig.

Amy said...

No dial up. We have DSL through our phone line.