One year, while I was still in nursing school and not really thinking Christmas, we really delayed getting a tree and decorating for Christmas. I don't think we did anything until about two weeks before the big day. I still can't remember how I got away with doing nothing for so long. I must have amazing kids, because I can't recall them pestering us much about it. (Maybe that's more of a long term memory issue on my part, but I'll take it!)
This year may have set a new record. It is only 10 days before Christmas and we just got a tree tonight for FHE. Don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to Christmas. I began shopping waaaaaaaaay back in October and have, in fact, been listening to Christmas music since before Thanksgiving. Don't tell! At least the lights won't take as long as last year. This year's tree isn't nearly as big, thank goodness!
Now, I get to spend my tomorrow stringing lights, carefully placing ornaments, and putting out our other decorations. On the other hand, maybe I'll let kids do all the ornaments. They'll love it! It will get them in the mood before we go out caroling in the freezing cold for our joint activity tomorrow night.
Monday, December 15, 2008
A new record?
Written with love by Amy at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
thats nothing! we dont have a tree, and i dont know when we might get one! we may just wait until after the holidays to get one at a good discount.
We're doing that also! This is the last year for the REAL tree. Next year it's all about FAKE!!!
We didn't get our first tree until we moved here, after being married 6 1/2 years and kids were 5, 4, and 3.
With having to work the day before Christmas and the day after Christmas AND being on call Christmas day, I'm finding it real hard to work up any excitement at all for the season. We don't have our tree up yet either. I did lend our nativity set to the stake for our Nativity event (almost 1,000 nativity sets displayed), but since bringing it home, it is still in the box. I'll think about it tomorrow - or sometime. XOXO, mom
Tomorrow will the the third day in a row our kids have had no school due to ice! Just a little sleet goes a long way. It happened Sunday evening and still no school! This is of course their last full week of school until they are out for Winter break. Just Jolly let me tell ya!
I have had three break downs and cried in front of the kids today! I really needed this week to be kid free to be productive!!
I can't believe you can get away with waiting that long. My kids were bugging me day after Thanksgiving. How do you do it?
Stopping by to wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs! :) Shauna
Post a Comment