Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wet, wet, wet

That's what one of my residents used to say when she needed clean pants. But it also perfectly describes today.

Wet, wet, wet.

It started early and continued the whole live long day. Thomas ended up having baseball practice at the batting cages because of the weather, but by the time I picked him up, most of the roads were totally covered with water.

While my newly minted teenager was hitting the stuffing out of the baseballs, Katelyn and I ventured out to Sams. I was surprised to look out the front windows and it looked like night. Seriously. We could not believe how dark it was.

Here is a video I took with my phone while Katelyn and I were working up our courage to race across the parking lot to our car.


Notice the continuous sheets of rain rolling like waves across the parking lot? By the time we made it to the car, my jeans were dripping and I had puddles in my shoes.

Here is the view from my upstairs window after we made it through the flooded streets to our home.

The water made it as far as the bottom of our fence, but quit rising before entering the yard.

Tonight I'm grateful to have everyone home, safe and dry. I hope you all have the same blessing.

1 comments:

Mark Youngs said...

Amy, is that a new fence I see? What about the roof? Have they replaced it yet? We've had rain, but nothing like that. Did Thomas have a nice birthday? You never did call back with ideas, so I went back to the old standby. Hope he can find something he likes. XOXO, mom