Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Left out

I don't often feel sadness, neglect, or any other negative feelings when it comes to not eating wheat. Tonight was special for some reason.

Usually I can get a fix by taking a deep breath around someone else's treats. That way I can share the experience without getting sick.

I must have been delusional when I promised Chad and kids waffles for dinner tonight. I also wanted to mix up a GF pancake mix for me.

The only problem was that I was exhausted at the end of the day. I didn't want to make two seperate dinners, using two sets of dishes to avoid cross contamination, and there were freaking CRUMBS all over the dang butter so I couldn't use it either. I ended up eating cereal instead while everyone else enjoyed homemade cinnamon waffles. Blech.

Usually, going without isn't an issue, but today, for some reason, it just makes me sad.

Maybe I need a nap...

1 comments:

Angela S said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves to smell other people's food. Kinnikinnik's frozen waffles smell like waffle cones and Van's blueberries are even better.