I've done it again. What level of neglect will be tolerated by Blogger before they cut me off entirely?
I do have an excuse, for the last two weeks anyway. Apparently during one of the thunderstorms that passed through recently, the power outage fried my computer. The monitor seems to be fine. The modem seems to have suffered no ill effects. But the CPU appears to be out of order since the storm. When turned on, I can hear the motor running, but no images show on the monitor and the quality of the sound remains constant without the variations that let me know it's working. I'm hoping to be able to retrieve all my photos and documents before relegating it to "Kids Use Only" like our old Compaq.
We've been blessed for Chad to purchase a laptop with wireless router for his work. Actually, the laptop is for work. The router is for home. That is how I've been able to be more responsive on Facebook and to compose this lame excuse.
I do have an excuse, for the last two weeks anyway. Apparently during one of the thunderstorms that passed through recently, the power outage fried my computer. The monitor seems to be fine. The modem seems to have suffered no ill effects. But the CPU appears to be out of order since the storm. When turned on, I can hear the motor running, but no images show on the monitor and the quality of the sound remains constant without the variations that let me know it's working. I'm hoping to be able to retrieve all my photos and documents before relegating it to "Kids Use Only" like our old Compaq.
We've been blessed for Chad to purchase a laptop with wireless router for his work. Actually, the laptop is for work. The router is for home. That is how I've been able to be more responsive on Facebook and to compose this lame excuse.
A quick update since it's been forever:
- Katelyn has been training for track season in the spring and was issued her uniform because the coach felt she would be one of the ones to stick with the program in the spring. Her grades are exceptional, as anyone who knows her should expect. She LOVES seminary and looks forward to it each morning.
- Thomas is still loving football and we love watching him play. They have won all but two of their games thus far and one of those was a tie. He continues to grow like a weed. His feet and hands are bigger than Chad's and he seems to have grown a foot over the summer.
- Emily is continuing to practice for her choir performances this winter season. She has such an intuitive mind and is able to follow the music and remember it. One of her favorite activities lately is to play with Jack, the dog. She really enjoys (most of the time, anyway) caring for him.
Until next time, here is a parting message stolen from Lindsay's blog.
I've neglected
I've ignored
Life's been busy
That's for sure
But I'm back
In full force
Never again to fall of this horse, named blog!
1 comments:
Thanks for the return, but I am pretty sure Lindsay fell off of her blog and never got back on.
Post a Comment