Saturday, November 3, 2007

Getting Old

I'm to the age now where my kids are entering a difficult stage of life. I'm not certain that I'm ready to be the mother of a child in junior high.

I have learned, though, that there are definite benefits to having older children. One is that when I sign up to bring a dessert for a ward dinner, I don't have to make it anymore. My twelve year old is happy to open the box of brownies and follow the instructions on the back.

One of these days, when I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I'll teach her to make something worthwhile - like bread, or lasagna, or caramels, or fudge, or cream cheese mints... But I digress.

1 comments:

Mark Youngs said...

Most things about getting old are not positive. But i love reading your take on this. Hope you have a good day and a good week. I'm beating the streets looking for a job. This is the very very least thing I like about moving!!! Hi to all from Youngstx. XOXO