Thursday, November 1, 2007

Who I've Become

So at work I have a lot of new responsibilities. One of these is providing instruction and direction to the nurses that are working on the floor.

I had a moment of awakening one day last week that was quite a revelation for me. I needed to give one of my nurses an assignment and heard myself saying the words, "Now, XXX, this is what I need to have happen. This is what you need to do and this is how you need to get it done."

I was replaying the day's events in my head later that evening at home and realized that I have become Stephen. I remember being in a restaurant with our entire family and listening to Stephen telling the waiter the things that were wrong with our meals and what he (the waiter) needed to do to correct the problems.

Isn't it funny the ways we are alike and the circumstances that arise that make us take notice?

0 comments: