Thursday, November 8, 2007

Woo hoo!!!

As many of you know, I have been helping out at work because we have some key positions that are open (Director of Nurses, Asst. Dir. of Nurses). I have been working pretty much full time (8a-4p) since September. Previously, I had worked as a charge nurse whenever they needed someone to fill in for a day or two. They let me be off whenever my kids are out of school and are very flexible with my schedule. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful job.

I have meant to request a raise for many weeks now since I've been working so much and taking on so much more responsibility. I finally found the time and the nerve this week to ask for more money. The administrator told me she agreed with my position and that she needed to clear any increase in pay with the corporate office. I found out today that corporate agreed that I should be paid more and suggested that I get $5 more per hour. (This would amount to more than I was offered to accept the ADON position when it was offered to me this past spring.) My administrator let me know that she would make the raise effective at the beginning of this last pay period. So from Nov. 1 until we hire a new DON, I get to keep my raise.

I'm pretty excited.

Woo hoo!!!

2 comments:

Mark Youngs said...

way to go!!Love you a lot. Looking forward To Thanksgiving.XOXO Mom

Craig said...

Hey! congrats on the raise. $5 an hour is a big jump.