Friday, March 7, 2008

Beware the Teenager

This morning is pretty cold by Houston standards - 40 degree temps and windy as all get out. When it was time for kids to go out to the bus stop, Katelyn was going to leave wearing nothing but two lightweight shirts, bare feet inside her cute shoes, and no coat.

I encouraged her to wear a coat and she told me that since her coat didn't fit in her bookbag, she wouldn't bring it. She didn't want to have to carry a coat. After several more requests to get a coat, she came back downstairs with a very light jacket. I tried in vain to get her to wear something heavier, but she refused.

Exasperated, I told her in all sincerity as she left, "I hope you don't freeze to death at the bus stop."

Her parting shot as she closed the door behind her was, "I hope I do!"

I hope she cools down before she comes back home this afternoon. I don't know if I can handle this type of irrational behavior for five more years.

1 comments:

Mark Youngs said...

What a whiner!! Take that one teenager and times it by 5 -- all at the same time! XOXO mom