Once upon a time, about eight years ago, Chad's sister and I attended a step aerobics class in the evenings. The instructor was very fit and encouraged us to do our best as we tried to keep up with her. Once I learned the basic steps, keeping up was easier and I began to really enjoy the class.
Fast forward to this week. I've been contemplating attending some of the classes they have scheduled at the gym. One I was particularly interested in was a step aerobics class with an ab workout at the end. I debated attending until yesterday. I noticed this same instructor that I'd had so long ago walk through the gym towards the classroom. I flagged her down and asked if she would be teaching the next morning (today). She said she was, and I committed to attend.
As the class was beginning, I was confident that I would remember all that I had learned previously, despite not using that knowledge at all since then. Suffice it to say, I didn't remember as much as I thought. I felt like I was constantly out of step and missing things continuously.
Physically, it was a good workout, even though my ego took a bit of a hit. I don't know that I have ever sweat so much at one time in my whole life and I left the room determined to attend again next week.
And another thing. I don't remember my knees making so much noise last time. Each time the room was quiet and we bent at the knees, I cringed. I felt like the creaking of my knees could be heard by all. I hope it was just me feeling self conscious and no one else could really hear what was going on on the back row.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Reality check
Written with love by Amy at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment