Sunday, May 11, 2008

Other Noteworthy Events Lately

We actually have had more go on around here besides election happenings. For instance:

Thomas had a birthday sleepover with some of his friends. They had a great time playing xbox and eating blue frosting.




Thomas purchased a fishing pole and some lures with his gift card from Grandma and Grandpa to attempt to catch the fishies in the pond at the front of our neighborhood.




Emily was one of only a few students selected from her school to participate in a District track meet. She ran the third leg of the 400m relay. Unfortunately, her school came in last in her event, through no fault of our dear Emily.



My microwave that came with our house quit working a while ago, and this past week I decided to see if I could do anything to fix it. I removed it from the wall, and noticed that the doofus builders never removed the plastic wrap from the outside.


Then I removed the outer cover (no pic) and realized that I am in no way an electrician and what the heck was I doing? I liked the counter space that was freed up by not replacing my original microwave in the hole in my wall. For some reason, Chad doesn't find this as an attractive option. Go figure.


Then, we had election day yesterday. Let me tell you, twelve hours of sitting in the sun is not as fun as it may sound. The best part was that we all got to work together the whole day. Kids helped by passing out fliers to anyone who stood still.






It's been a pretty busy spring and the summer is shaping up to be just as hectic. Lucky us.

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good pictures. Nothing cool going on around here. Wish I could post a video of what was going on in my belly. That would get some comments!