Thursday, May 15, 2008

More Adventures in Gluten Free Baking

I found a really amazing bread at Gluten Free Mama.

It mixed up nicely in my new mixer and baked beautifully.



I followed the recipe exactly, but it didn't turn out quite done. The ends that I made a sandwich from, though, were tasty enough to convince me to declare this to be my bread of choice.

Here is the original picture that enticed me to try this recipe:


And here is how mine turned out:


My next attempt at tasty treats came from the Gluten Free Goddess.



These are called Nirvana Bars, and they are divine. If I didn't think they would negate all my work at the gym, I could eat them all. Of course, then I would need dentures because all my teeth would fall out.

These are SWEEEEET! (As I'm sure you can imagine with a whole stick of butter, cookie crust, sweetened and condensed milk, chocolate chips, and sweetened coconut. It almost makes my teeth cringe just writing out the ingredients. Good thing I added salted nuts to balance everything out.)

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

You need to start a weekly cooking spot on your blog...Sarah said to me today, "Can I watch a cooking show?" She's three. Guess I watch the Food Network too much. Better than soaps right?