Tonight was our very last game of the season. We were playing a team that had crushed us at least two other times, so expectations were low. The main goal was to have fun.
When I got to the field, our team was fielding and I looked to right and left fields to find Thomas. I kept looking, then counting teammates because I thought we only had nine boys - one for each position. Then I heard Emily next to me, "Isn't that Thomas playing at first?"
Sure enough, Thomas was playing first base, for the first time ever. The first batter hit the ball to third, who then threw it to Thomas for the out. It was VERY exciting! He was also able to get the second out of a double play at first in the third inning. Even MORE exciting!
Then came the most unexpected turn of events. Apparently, the coach was letting anyone who wanted to pitch, give it a try. So, Thomas got to pitch. He threw a couple of strikes, but ended up throwing more balls than strikes. His turn at pitching was relatively short.
We ended up losing 13-3, but at the end of the game, the boys all said they had a great time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment