Monday, June 30, 2008

We're Back!!!

And we had a GREAT time! It was so great to see family that we hadn't seen since our last reunion in Waco, TX in 2000. Pics will come later when I get motivated enough to download them. I'm still trying to recover from the lack of sleep on the drive home.

A quick summary of the week ~

  • We got to ride on Uncle Darren's boat
  • Katelyn and Thomas got to kneeboard
  • Chad was able to wakeboard
  • We all got to meet the newest family member, Erin Nicole Ashton
  • We went horseback riding
  • Kids got to hike up in the mountains where they were able to have a snowball fight
  • Kids and Chad got to hike through a local cave
  • Chad was able to golf every day except Sunday and Saturday when we drove home
  • The food was spectacular - I was catered to like a queen (lasagna, cheesecake cookie bars, pasta salad, pumpkin bars, etc)
  • Uncle Craig put together a really cool slideshow of the entire family
  • 80's karaoke in the media room
  • Paper bag skits
  • Ultimate frisbee
  • Pulling into the driveway at 8:45am and being ready for church at 10:30am

I am already looking forward to the next one!

1 comments:

Mark Youngs said...

hey, great summary! we loved being with and spending time with everyone. glad you're home safely. I can't start work till i have my tb test read on wed. looking forward to it but "i'm a little bit afraid." (from the jewish record). we love you all so much and glad we all had such a great week together. dad is playing 2 rounds of golf today in waco with dean park. isn't there a treatment for this golf disease? XOXO, mom