... there have been a few things that have not yet made it to the blog.
First, do you remember the necklace I won in Laurie's 20 Day Birthday Giveaway at Tip Junkie? I received it, and it's just as pretty as the picture. Here is me wearing it to work today. Quite appropriate, I thought, for a nurse. Thanks again Tanja! I love it!
Also, I received a message on my cell phone that Chad had been involved in a car accident while I was at camp. The car is pretty well totaled, but Chad walked away without a scratch.
It really was a miracle considering both airbags deployed, the front of the car was destroyed, and his knees were in close contact with the dashboard before he got out of the car. When I was finally able to get a hold of him later that afternoon (cell phone reception is horrible at camp!), he was back at work in the office. He told me no one checked him out and he wasn't in any pain. I expected him to have some the next day, but he hasn't. Talk about a miracle!
So, because of the accident, we are car shopping. I'm really glad Chad knows about buying cars because I sure don't. Fortunately our insurance will pay for a rental car for 30 days from the date of the accident, so we're not having to pay for that. Hopefully, he'll pick out a car soon enough for me to drive it to Oklahoma next weekend when he leaves for Philmont.
I'm off to test drive another car. Wish us luck!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
In all this past month's excitement...
Written with love by Amy at 5:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment