I tried a new GF recipe this evening ~ Microwave Hamburger Buns. I found it at Delightfully Gluten Free, which I found via LDS and Mormon Blogs.
The result of all that surfing led me to this recipe which sounded very interesting. The premise is to only mix one "bun" at a time, instead of a whole batch. I liked this idea because that way if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be out a bunch of supplies and be stuck with something I didn't want to eat but felt like I had to because it was so expensive to create.
Here is Cassandra's photo documentation 
You can see that the baking powder caused hers to rise significantly.
Mine failed to follow the instructions, shown here.
1 ~ Ingredients dumped into bowl. Check.
2 ~ Ingredients mixed together. Check.
3~ Final result after micro-cooking for two minutes. No check.
It didn't rise. It took two minutes instead of the prescribed one because it still looked wet on the bottom. I wonder what my problem was?
I used my Gluten Free Mama almond blend flour for this disaster, so the taste was okay. It certainly wasn't my worst gluten free experiment. I wonder if my baking powder is off?
I will try again another time with a mix of brown and white rice flour. Cassandra tried it and it worked for her. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will work for me too...
Friday, July 11, 2008
Microwave Hamburger Buns?
Written with love by Amy at 6:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment