Friday, July 11, 2008

Just Girls ~ Part 2

Today is day 2 of just Emily and I together. I don't think she's quite tired of me yet, but we still have three more days until my boys return.

We got to return to the store today to return a couple of items I'd forgotten to take with me yesterday, and also to get some last minute camp items. (Hopefully this was the last trip for that!)

We did Katelyn's secret sister shopping for her since she's having the time of her life in Utah. I have to admit that I'm rather pleased with the items we found and the cards I made to go with them.

Here, I'll share with you what I came up with (because I know you're dying to know)


  • Wednesday ~ water bottle filled with Starbursts (Hope this gives you a BURST of energy when you need it most! Don’t forget to fill this with water after the treats are removed!)

  • Thursday ~ hand held fan (Gen. 3: 8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: Today may not be cool, but this should help!)

  • Friday ~ hand sanitizer (Alma 5: 19 I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? This should help with one of those requirements! Hope your day is GREAT!)

  • Saturday ~ journal with pen (Camp is over. Camp is done. Don’t forget We had such fun. Write it down. Draw some too. Just try hard Not to be blue. Can’t wait till next year!)




I have saved each of these cards for next year, and the next, and the next until Katelyn and Emily are both done with YW camp. This was too much effort to only be used once!

1 comments:

Mark Youngs said...

Amy, you're such a great mom. what cute ideas. i've seem some of the secret sister stuff from girls camp. everyone else is going to be jealous of katelyn's secret sister! Sorry the hamb buns didn't work out like you wanted. Baking powder can lose its punch. how long have you had yours? hi to emily. what a cute picture with your haircut!!! sounds like you two are having a fun time together. have a great time a girls camp amy. hope it's not too hot (ha ha). XOXO, mom