Thursday, July 3, 2008

Not fair

Last week I got pretty spoiled food-wise. There were so many things made just for Michelle and I that there was no feeling of deprivation.

Then, for Sunday dinner, someone brought biscuits that were baked with and swimming in butter and honey. All I could do was look on as Chad sat next to me and soaked all the extra honey and butter up with his biscuit. So not fair.

So, I made my own tonight using Gluten Free Mama's almond flour blend and her recipe. She mentioned something in the recipe about shaping them to look like they were rolled and cut, that by doing so would eliminate much of the work involved in the process. I went one better and just made drop biscuits. Even less work!

This is what they looked like dropped onto my stone.


Here is how they looked after baking.



Here is the finished product, minus the honey that was added later.


They were so good!!! And so easy too. It only took me 30 minutes from dumping everything into the bowl to eating them, and they were WONDERFUL!!!

P.S.
Chad, who usually would rather eat grass than gluten free, tried a bite and said he couldn't really taste a difference. Victory at last!!!

0 comments: