This past weekend I was talking to my friend, who had just moved to another stake, about her new ward and bishop. She told me her husband had expressed some concern because the bishop didn't seem to have sports as a priority. (Not a necessity, but it's always nice to have common interests.) He just didn't seem the type, either - tall, thin, kind of gangly.
Chad caught on quicker than I did and asked her new bishop's first name. It was Dave. Now, I had a friend in high school with the same name and description. He was such a good friend that we went to prom together. We had a group of friends (including my brother) that hung out after school and on weekends, drove from seminary to school, went to the movies, and did all kinds of other teenage things together.
With her further telling of the holiday weekend events, it seemed more and more likely that her new bishop and my friend were the same person. There was one moment, though, that sealed the deal. Apparently the kids were taking turns at a pinata. One of his kids took a swing and broke the pinata to bits. The bishop's response was, "Yes! Physics wins!"
Craig, have you figured it out yet? Anyone else?
Thursday, July 10, 2008
What a small world
Written with love by Amy at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Not Dave Markham???
Did you know I went to his Prom with him? If I remember right he was so nervous that he got sick...sound about right? Gosh I hope he doesn't read this
I didn't know you went to his. That was the very next year after he took me to mine.
I think that is hilarious that he took both of us to prom.
Holy crap! Dave Markham?!? I did actually guess Dave before I saw the comments... So, Bangs Markham is a bishop, eh? Good for him. His wife, Carolyn, was Aaron Cali's girlfriend freshman year at BYU.
Post a Comment