Monday, September 8, 2008

Interesting question today

Why would the National Weather Service choose to name a potentially lethal hurricane Ike? I was asked this question this morning and didn't understand. Then I was reminded that Ike was the name of Tina Turner's abusive ex-husband. I thought it was pretty funny that she would think of a correlation like that. How do they come up with these names, I wonder?

This is what the forecast for Ike looks like right now.
Yesterday, Chad's dad asked who would be evacuating and where to if the need arose. I mentioned that we would probably go to Keller, as it was the closest location for family.

Chad's suggestion was that we should go to Tulsa. His reasons were that he wanted to see the baby again, the kids are great, he really likes Darren and Lindsay... Oh wait, those are my reasons to drive all the way to Tulsa. Chad's was, "They have a boat". And all the other reasons, as well, I'm sure.

So, Lindsay, you've been warned. You may have some company this weekend if Ike comes to pay a visit.

5 comments:

Craig said...

We are definitely praying for you guys. Although, a quick couple of evac days on a boat would be nice...

-Craig

Amy said...

Linds has to agree first. Although we could just show up on her doorstep. What would she do, send us away?

Laurie said...

Well, you know that Thomas is camping this weekend? Maybe some parasailing would be fun?

Lindsay said...

Hey--- you bettah come here!!! Yea, something to look forward to. Please come!!! We would love it!!

Unknown said...

the only thing that could make that naming situation that much more awkward would be if ike were to pummel some small texas town named "tina".