Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Faith is WHAT???

Last night I found an old calendar from 1999. Back then, when kids were still little, I used my calendar as a journal, noting the events of the day as well as milestones for kids.

As I was reading through January's entries, I noticed a note at the bottom of the page. Apparently in Primary, Faith was the theme for the year and the kids were being taught the Primary song Faith to reinforce the concept.

There appeared to be some confusion about the words of the song because I had written "Faith is trust in God, a bug." I remember teaching Katelyn that God was not a bug. That the correct words were, "Faith is trust in God above".

She had a good laugh before school this morning when I told her about it. I also told her that later that year I'd recorded that she had been unhappy with me once because I didn't give her milk for whatever reason. She was adamant and cried to me, "But my bones will break!"

Be careful what you teach your babies. It will probably come back to bite you in the end.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Do I get to watch your kids for you when you go on this vacation???

Lindsay said...

You know who left that crazy comment on my blog right?