After a mere month's time, and after clearing almost every other yard in town (and my neighborhood), the debris truck stopped by my home today.
I was excited to hear the rumble of the big engine coming down my street and I stopped what I was doing to watch. I was only slightly disappointed to note that this was the "green waste" truck, meaning it would only pick up the tree limbs that had been removed due to damage from the storm. It did clear up a nice spot on the front of my yard, though, and it gave me hope that soon the rest of the mess would be removed.
What I didn't expect was a second truck following about two hours behind the "green waste" truck. This one picked up the padding from underneath Thomas's carpet, the plastic border that had surrounded my tree in the back, and a demolished dog house. It is pretty pitiful when the sound of a massive garbage truck in front of your home is the highlight of the day.
There was one unexpected result of the second truck's pick up. The lawn underneath the dog house was dying. Not completely dead yet, but things were grim. I had hopes we could revive it. Until after the second truck came. Maybe the operator thought the dying grass was part of what we wanted removed, so he did it for us. Wasn't that nice of him?
I wonder who sells sod this time of the year?
Monday, October 20, 2008
News Flash
Written with love by Amy at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment