I've been toying with the idea of rearranging the family room furniture for a while now, but with the layout of the room, there is really only so much I can do. So as I continued to put my family room back together after Ike, I wanted to try something new.
Part of my problem with the room the way it was, is that we rarely were able to use one of the table lamps because of the glare it created on Chad's tv. We also have limited outlets in this room.
I had a friend with the same floorplan as ours hire an interior decorator to help her with this space and I took some ideas from her. One idea was to lay the furniture out at an angle, instead of perpendicular to the walls.
Those who know me understand the dilemma this put me in. My significant OCD tendencies were screaming that things needed to be at a right angle to or flush against the walls, not crooked. I came up with the arrangement below that even the OCD tendencies are learning to appreciate.
I like this because it's different than we've had for the last 8 years. Through the creative use of extension cords, it also allows me more light in the middle of the room instead of just against the wall. We'll see how it grows on me, or if it will just irritate the heck out of the OCD.
Stay tuned for project #2. It took most of my afternoon today and more hands than I was born with. Way harder than I imagined it would be..
0 comments:
Post a Comment