Monday, November 3, 2008

Another item for today

Now, as the day has passed, there is another thing I am grateful for today. Freecycle.org.

The premise at Freecycle is that people can post things they no longer want or use for others who can use them. The process goes both ways. If you're in need of a specific item, you can post a request and if the item is available, someone can get in touch with you.

This has been a useful site when I've spent time cleaning out and condensing our stuff. I hate dealing with the whole garage sale mess, and this is a simple way to clear out my junk so someone else can use it.

Since I have company coming for Thanksgiving, I've been a little concerned about dishes. We barely seem to have enough to go around lately. I didn't want to have to have a "dish limit" (sorry, you've already used one bowl today). I've been watching sales, but nothing has really caught my eye.

Until this morning.

I got an email from a woman who lives close by offering a full set of dishes, though the set included two separate patterns. She had stated that she preferred the lighter colored ones (the china set) to the more earthy toned dishes. Before seeing them, I was already leaning towards the darker colored dishes.

I responded immediately offering to take them off her hands. I was just happy to have a new option. I went to pick them up tonight, and they are beautiful! I'm so excited to use them! I'm even more excited that my only cost in this venture was the gasoline.

0 comments: