Sunday, November 16, 2008

Monarch Migration

As promised, here are more pics of our November neighbors.

This was taken Thursday morning. I don't recall what posessed me to get off the couch and take pics, because I only remember how awful I felt. I think this is the bigger of the two caterpillars shown here. You can see that the hind end of the caterpillar is already attached to the branch and he's curling up into position.


This was taken the next afternoon, Friday. It is the same caterpillar.


I had no idea the process of spinning a cocoon moved so quickly! I never expected to see such a difference in only 36 hours. Of course, if I had given it more than a millisecond of thought, it makes sense to be so quick.

This is one of my favorite pics of Friday evening. The neighbors probably think I'm a little *off* because I was laying on my back on the driveway in my pajamas to get this shot.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

if your neighbors are just now coming to the conclusion that you may be a little *off*, i would suggest that your neighbors arent that observant ;). nice pictures!