Because I have been derelict in my gluten free postings lately, here's a doozy! During Thanksgiving week Shauna, the Gluten Free Girl, posted about the difficulties of being newly diagnosed with celiac disease. How difficult it can be to be sure foods are safe for us to eat. She then shared a recipe for chocolate cupcakes that I have been dying to try.
I was a little hesitant to use the Bob's Red Mill mix, because when I have used them in the past, I've really not enjoyed the results. They use garbanzo bean flour as well as fava bean flour in almost all their mixes, and I think that's what really turned me off to their use.
Anyway, because Shauna raved about these cupcakes, I decided to try them. She used coffee grounds to flavor her ganache, but since I don't ever have those (and because I like it!) I used peppermint extract instead. So I ended up with some delicious chocolate cupcakes with a dark chocolate peppermint ganache and peppermint sprinkles.
They were so yummy!!! I wasn't even the only one who ate them after dinner tonight. Score!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Amazing Cupcakes
Written with love by Amy at 9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Are those the kind of peppermints Dad likes? Sweet stripes? They look so yummy!
They are. WalMart sells them in sticks, so I had to buy a bag.
Wow, those look good. I love the drizzly chocolate. See if they will fit in an envelope and send them up here!
Post a Comment