Sorry it took so long, Mom. I know you check in every day and each time I saw that you did I was overcome with such horrible guilt that it was almost paralyzing. Okay, maybe not that bad, but something close to it.
I wondered why I haven't been as motivated to blog lately. Then I looked at my calendar. There were more than a few days that looked like this:
- 7:30am ~ Katelyn to track practice. {She has finally expressed an interest in an extra-curricular activity, so we have been as supportive as we can. She likes to sprint.}
- 8am-4pm ~ Fill in for Director of Nurses at nursing home. {This position has been offered to me, again. We'll see what happens next week with that. No final decision has been reached yet.}
- 5:00pm ~ Pick Emily up from after school tutoring. {Apparently her teacher feels her math skills aren't all they should be for the TAKS test. Must be a genetic thing.}
- 6:00pm ~ Feed Elders. {I baked my GF cheese bread and it was a hit. I was just happy to have something yummy to eat.}
- 8pm-10pm ~ Thomas has baseball practice. {Because he's in the older league, there isn't as much concern about bedtimes. Fortunately, the late practices are not the norm.}
Unfortunately, the weekends are as crazy or worse. Chad thinks it's wrong for me to dread the weekends and look forward to Mondays the way I do. I think he should give this kind of schedule a try before he passes judgement. ;)
So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll do better. I promise.
2 comments:
Amy, loved reading your update. My day seems full as well, but with the same things every day. Up at 4:21 (yes, that's the time the snooze alarm rings the 2nd time), work, home, crash, dinner, get ready for tomorrow and be in bed by 8:00. Real exciting, huh. I'm glad Katelyn is getting into track. I think she'll be great at it! Hi to everyone, XOXO, mom
Mom-induced guilt isn't the only one that was pressuring you. Even though I haven't plunged into the blogging world, I still check up on my sisters through theirs.
So leave Thomas at practice and get on that computer!! (Sorry Thomas, just a joke!)
Hope all is well. We miss you!
Craig.
Post a Comment