Because I have issues with gluten, I am unable to eat many of the things that the rest of my family continues to enjoy. For example, each Sunday there is fresh baked bread to eat with dinner in addition to everyone else's contributions.
Since my father-in-law has come to understand more about my dietary restrictions, he seems to have made it his mission to include me more in the Sunday menu. His most recent hobby is baking the bread. For the last three weeks, he's made the requisite loaf of wheat bread, but has also begun to experiment with gluten free breads. This is not only a wonderful addition to my Sunday dinners, but an expression of love that I really appreciate.
I have always felt gratitude for Chad's family, but now I have another reason to be grateful.
I am also grateful for wonderful friends who make every effort to include me when treats, snacks, or other food items are involved in an activity.
I have a great friend who was making Muddy Buddies for a YW class. Because she wasn't certain if her particular Rice Chex were GF, she made me a special treat to compensate.
With such amazing friends and family, how could I not count my many blessings? I'm sure I can't count that high.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Feeling loved
Written with love by Amy at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great gift! I love my father-in-law. Its interesting to me because I've spent the least time with him but its those small things he does and say that make me melt with gratitude and love when I think of him.
That is the sweetest thing ever!
Post a Comment