Yesterday Chad called me at work and asked if I wanted to take girls to the rodeo. Someone had given him some tickets. He and Thomas were planning on camping this weekend, so it was up to me. After learning that Ashton's were sticking to their Galveston plans, I immediately accepted his offer. I innocently asked Emily if she wanted to go to the Rodeo and she flipped out.
So, while boys went camping in the cold and the rain, we girls drove the fast car to the Rodeo and had a ball.
We got to see Barrel Races. We were eating, though, so there aren't any pictures of that.
Then there was the Bull Riding. Very exciting!
After Bull Riding came the Chuckwagon Races. I don't know how Emily stayed in her seat.
Then, as the stage was being assembled for the concert, we got to watch a bunch of teenagers try to win a calf by catching one so they could bring one to show next year. There was also Mutton Busting ~ 4-5year old kids placed atop a sheep to see how long they last. Just in case you wondered, they didn't last long.
Then it was music time. I thought the girls would have fun with it, but they couldn't wait to leave. The music was entirely too loud for them.
All in all, it was a great night. I'm really glad we were able to go.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Rodeo Surprise!
Written with love by Amy at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment