Another posting today with today's gluten free dessert. Which, by the way, was AMAZING!!!
I started with an idea from my friend, Kimberly. She used to make a yogurt freezer pie that always made my mouth water. She combined 8oz cool whip, 3oz jello (any flavor), and 8oz yogurt (same flavor as the jello). Then she poured the mixture into a 9 inch graham cracker crust and let it freeze.
Clearly, the graham cracker crust was out for me. Also, I had no desire to make up four separate pies. So, as usual, I made my own version.
Instead of graham crackers, I used these yummy gluten free ginger snaps to modify this recipe, then I doubled it for a 9x13 pan. I also omitted the sugar because the cookies are sweet enough. So this is all I used for my crust: 3 cups ginger snap crumbs and 12 oz melted butter.
Emily had fun crushing the cookies, though, I think it got old after two bags.
Here are the rest of the ingredients I used, though the amounts are off. I really used 2-8oz cool whips, 2-6oz yogurts, and 1-6oz jello.
I ended up making two varieties, one lemon and the other peach. They were both really yummy. Everyone seemed to enjoy dessert today. YEA!!!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
As promised...
Written with love by Amy at 9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment