Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yumminess

When I checked the pics on my camera tonight, all I found was food. Spectacularly yummy food.

First was the gluten free raspberry muffins that Chad and I enjoyed earlier this week. I used the same muffin mix I used for my blueberry muffins some time ago. The end result with raspberries instead of blueberries was also amazing. The raspberries had a little more tartness that contrasted nicely with the sweet muffin mix. Mmmmmmm...

See for yourself.
Doesn't that look so good with the muffin broken open a bit and butter melting into all the crevices? I promise, it was good. So good, in fact, that I probably ate 8 of them (with milk, of course) before I decided to quit eating. By then I had gorged so much that I was in pain. Totally worth it!

The most recent yumminess was this evening at our annual ward crawfish boil. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I live for this activity, but I sure do look forward to it! I wasn't able to take many pics because I was hungry and it wasn't too long before my hands were too messy to use the camera.

Here's what I ended up with.
This little bit was more of an appetizer for the six of us seated at the table. One drawback, aside from the messiness, is the amount of effort necessary to extract such little meat. Again, totally worth it to enjoy such a fun evening eating crawfish with such good friends.

Katelyn has a tendency to eat a little daintier than the rest of us. Look at how careful she is. Too cute! This is why her fingernails are not still orange a mere four hours after the activity.

WHAT??? Why are you looking at me?

Coming up next, I have dessert for Sunday dinner tomorrow and am really excited about a new gluten free idea I have. Stay tuned!

0 comments: