I just saw the nicest thing.
The credit/atm machine was out of service at the post office this afternoon. As I waited in line, I heard a woman desperately needing her package to get mailed TODAY.
Her problem? No cash.
She went out to her car to retrieve whatever loose change she could find and the line proceeded forward.
This woman returned and was surprised to hear the man in front of me, who was completing his transaction, ask how much the woman owed. The amount was given, only a few cents, and he paid amidst the woman's protests.
What kindness! What a wonderful example of Christ-like behavior! It made my day.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Faith restored
Written with love by Amy at 5:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
It's the little everyday things that really make the difference. Sometimes when you do something little for someone you think nothing of it, but they look at you like you just bought them the winning lottery ticket! Service not only helps others, but it makes you feel really good too. I think that's supposed to encourage us to do more of it. Ya think?
XOXO, mom
Post a Comment