There has been so much going on lately and not nearly enough time to relate it in a timely manner, so here's the dish.
First, and most exciting to me, our big blue beast of an expedition has bitten the dust. Finally.
We took it to our mechanic a while back to try to get it legal for Chad to take boys to scout camp today. We were told that it needed a new engine (cost ~ $2400 for used up to $54oo for rebuilt) and a new heater core (cost ~ $600). Chad and I decided that if we were going to spend that much money, we may as well spend it on a car that will most likely be around this time next year. So, we looked high and low for a smaller vehicle that would get better than 10 miles to a gallon of gas.
We ended up getting a Nissan Pathfinder and it is SWEET! I guess because I've been driving the beast for so long, this new car is a blast to drive. No more shaking while stopped at the red light. No more antifreeze smell wafting through the A/C vents. No more gutless acceleration when I try to pass someone or pull out into traffic. It's been a lot of fun. And yes, it is RED. Whee!
The only downside is that less than 48 hours after taking posession of my new toy, Chad filled it up with stinky boys this morning to go to scout camp. He took my car, dang it! I guess it is only fair. I did take his new car last summer to Oklahoma while he was at Philmont. He was a little surprised to come home to see that his new car had some 3000 miles on it. :) oops!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Holiday Update ~ part 1
Written with love by Amy at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't feel bad for you b/c that means you are driving the Infiniti - boohoo!
What a fun car! I love my little Nissan. It drives so smoothly. I love the push button start too. I have gotten spoiled to the point where I am annoyed when I drive the van because I actually have to pull out the keys out of my pocket!!
Post a Comment