Sunday, September 27, 2009

And now back to our program...

This year Thomas has decided that football is how he wants to earn his PE credits at school. He is totally loving it. In fact, Lindsay asked him what his favorite part of playing football. His response? Dressing out in all the pads!

Really though, he is really enjoying the physical aspect of the game and practicing. He is able to tackle, run, and get out any frustrations before returning home at the end of the day. It's GREAT! It's also a wonderful incentive for him to keep up with his school work and to behave in class. If either of those areas slip, the teachers email the coaches and extra work outs are required. If the grades slip too much, he won't be allowed to play. Like I said, great incentive.

We missed his first game because we were in Cozumel, but here are a couple pics from his second game. He plays tight end and is #58.
Our stake customarily hosts a beach party in September. This year it was scheduled for the weekend after our cruise, when it was still raining. The beach party became a dance. Luckily for Thomas and Emily, because they were invited to the party, they were also invited to the dance. Here are some cute pics of the ridiculous amounts of fun they had.
The chicken dance...
The cotton eyed joe...
All three dancing together...

1 comments:

Craig said...

I don't know if I have asked this question before or not...

Why are your kids so old?!? I can't believe they are all at a dance together. It wasn't that long ago that the three of us older ones were doing the same thing.

I don't think I am going to handle this well. I am sure Mom did a fine job at it though. Right, Mom?

:)