... and a little bit of August.
Katelyn at the Tri-Stake End of Summer Sock Hop. What a cute girl I have!
Then, Chad and I went on our cruise with the Ashtons. We had a total blast! I just got the message that the pics I took with my underwater cameras are ready so I'll add them when I get them.
We left out of Galveston on a sunny Saturday which quickly became overcast. The only sunset pics we were able to get were on Saturday.
Sunday was our first "day at sea". Lindsay and I were able to enjoy the atmosphere on the deck (I was listening to hymns on my ipod, of course. It WAS Sunday after all...) and not get any sunburn whatsoever. In fact, it was a pretty dreary looking day.
Monday we stopped in Progresso, Mexico. Lindsay's in-laws knew some of the ropes already about locations that were good and we ended up taking a bus ride to this cool resort on the beach. It was BEAUTIFUL! The white sand, blue sky and water. It looked just liked a postcard or photoshop pic.
Tuesday we neglected to sign up for any of the "excursions" on board and went out on our own with the benefit of the Ashton's previous experiences. We again found a quiet little resort with a beautiful beach where we went snorkeling. What an experience! I have never done anything like it before and can't wait to go again! It was so cool to lay on top of the water and see the life beneath the sea. Here's Lindsay and I.
Wednesday was another "day at sea" which meant we were headed home. Fortunately for us, the days we experienced rain were our sea days. Our beach days were both beautiful and sunny. It couldn't have worked out better.
Thursday we returned to reality and Houston rain. Apparently it rained and stormed so much that my building lost power for a while. Thank goodness for generators!
More to come. Stay tuned!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
September Summary
Written with love by Amy at 9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment