Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happiness at HEB

How wrong is it to want to burst into tears in the HEB frozen foods section? These would have been happy tears, of course.


HEB is the first local store to designate a "Gluten Free" section where I could find safe food. It was also the only store to stock ready-made GF bread in the freezer. The bread was a small loaf and difficult to find unless you knew where to look, but it was there.

Today, for the first time in ages, Katelyn and I strolled down the frozen breads aisle looking for another type of frozen GF bread, Udi. I understand it's amazing, even if GF is not a dietary requirement.

There was no Udi's bread in the freezer section, but what was there almost made me cry. There was an entire SECTION of GF breads, cakes, rolls, and other goodies in the freezer! Holy moly!!! I kept apologizing to Katelyn for acting so silly, but it is such a change from what I normally find when shopping GF.

Then to top off the entire experience, an entire freezer endcap was filled with GF entrees, pizza, ravioli, pierogi, and many other ready made meals.

YEA! More reasons to frequent HEB more often instead of just going to the closest store.

2 comments:

Angela S said...

Run across the street (528) there to the health food store Nature's Garden Market. 281-996-9596. They'll order it for you. You could also call HEB and ask them to order it. 281-996-9967. That is great they've moved the stuff together. Sure makes life easier.

Joseph, Cherise, and Colton said...

Wow Amy! That's awesome! Makes things a lil easier for you!