So, this week I am filling in as the Dir. of Nursing at my facility. It's been a lot of fun to see all my staff and check up on my residents.
Today was my second day back in the DON office and my first phone call of the day started like this, "My name is XXX and I'm from the San Antonio Homicide Division." Huh??? Turns out this detective is investigating a murder from 45 years ago and he wants to question one of my residents. I kept thinking, "Are you kidding? What do you think he's going to remember and why do you think I'm going to let you near him?"
After speaking with my resident's wife, I learned that the same detective had been in contact with her and had threatened her by telling her that if she didn't let him talk to her husband, he would have him transported to San Antonio to be questioned in front of a grand jury.
This detective told me he would be at my facility tomorrow morning and that he would either question my resident or serve him with a subpoena to testify in San Antonio. I'm going to have the local police on speed dial if he turns out to be as big a jerk as he sounded on the phone today.
My attorney has advised me that Felony Assault of a Police Officer is a bad thing and that I should do what I need to to protect my residents without having any physical contact with this doofus.
Right now, all I can think is, "Bring it!!!"
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Say WHAT?!?!?
Written with love by Amy at 7:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"My attorney"... Does that same person double as your sweetheart??
The guy sounds like a jerk. Take care of your folks!
Who else?
Post a Comment