We had the best dinner tonight. I found another new gluten free website, Mennonite Girls Can Cook Gluten Free. I found a recipe that I've been dying to try out and decided that tonight was the night since we were having dinner at our home instead of at Grandma's.
It's a very cheesy corn bread called Sopa Paraguaya and you can get to the recipe by clicking on the name.
The shorthand version calls for 16 oz cottage cheese, 16 oz sharp cheddar, 4 eggs, 1/4 c oil, 1 1/2 cup corn flour (not corn meal), some chopped onion, 1c milk. Mix all ingredients together in a well greased 9x13 pan and bake at 375 for 40-45 mins.
Chad had told me earlier, when I described tonight's menu, that he would most likely pass on the corn bread. Something about it not being on his diet. When he walked into the house though and took a whiff of this fresh from the oven delicacy, he could hardly wait to cut into it and take a bite.
This bread is so yummy. We had it as is with BBQ chicken and salad. You could also add sausage or bacon to it and serve it as a breakfast casserole. Unfortunately, it was devoured so quickly that I didn't get any pics so click here if you want a visual.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Oh my...
Written with love by Amy at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hopefully you'll never need this but it is great if you'll be in the hospital at some point. http://delightfullyglutenfree.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/gf-in-the-hospital/
How do you even pronounce sopa paraguaya? I'm sure if I can't pronounce it, I wouldn't be able to make it!
Post a Comment